How is Tile and Grout Cleaning Done?
Are you wondering – how is tile and grout cleaning done? Besides carpets and your rugs in the home, tile and grout is going to be the most difficult area to clean inside any part of your home. This could include tile backsplash, floors, and anything else that you have with tile and grout. This is not going to add to your curb appeal of the home. It is best to avoid DIY as you could damage your tiles and/or grout. Hiring a professional to do the job will make your life much easier.
Keep on reading to learn how professionals clean their tile and floors and for their tips and tricks!
Why is My Grout Stained?
Grout is found in between your tile. When you wash your tile, all the dirt and grime go into your grout. This is what is going to cause your grout to look dirty. This happens because the grout line is lower than your tile. This means that again, when you wash your floors, the grout catches all the yuck!
Plus, grout is known for being very porous. This means that you will need to go through significant efforts to clean it yourself. That is why having someone such as Carter’s Carpet Restoration, clean your grout, will make it much easier for you. Do not worry about dirty grout any longer.
Benefits of Having Clean Grout & Tile
When your tile and grout are dirty, this can lead for breeding grounds. Breeding grounds for things that you never want in your home. This includes mold, mildew, and bacteria. This can cause health problems to your family who are in the home. Especially children who are crawling or constantly on the floor. The main benefit is that you are going to have a healthier place to reside. You are going to avoid illness and bacteria.
Some companies can use green cleaners as well. This will ensure that the little ones, including pets, are not going to be harmed with the chemicals used in the cleaning process. Hot water and steam are used with green cleaners to provide you with a green and clean floor. The steam allows the dirt and grime to easily be washed away.
Besides what was said, you are also restoring how beautiful your area was before it became dirty. This will allow you to have a cleaner environment that is happier to live in. Plus, it will increase the lifespan of your grout and tile. This means that you will not have to replace them as often if you get them professionally cleaned.
Steps For Cleaning Tile at Home
If you are not able to hire a professional right away or you would like to hire a professional once a year and clean it yourself the second cleaning, then this is for you. We are going to talk about how you can clean your tile at home to ensure that it lasts and keep your grout from being dirty. These tips are from professionals.
- You need to sweep and/or vacuum all soil or dirt that is on your tile. You should be vacuuming at least once a day to ensure that the soil and loose dirt is kept away. This will help keep your grout clean as well.
- You want a solution that is made for cleaning tile. This can be a green cleaner or not. This all is up to you. However, make sure that it is compatible with your flooring type. Spray this cleaner or apply it as stated on the bottle. Then you will scrub and mop the tiles.
- This is where it may be tricky to clean your tiles. You will need a steam cleaning machine to ensure that they are thoroughly cleaned. Apply this steam cleaner to your tile.
- Make sure that you are allowing the tile to air dry. You can use a fan to help speed up the process or open windows. This will allow ventilation which can speed up the drying process quite a bit.
Be sure that you are using proper cleaning solutions. Avoid using harsh solutions with bleach or acid. This can discolor the flooring or even cause it to become dull. Keep in mind a professional will not be using any of these solutions on your flooring. They have special cleaners.
Steps for Cleaning Your Grout at Home
Cleaning your grout is going to be a daunting task. Grout is porous and it can be difficult to clean. Many consider grout color sealing in addition to their grout cleaning and tile cleaning tasks. Here are a few steps and suggestions from professionals for cleaning your grout at home.
- Make sure that you are scrubbing and mopping the surface area. Make sure that you are using a soft cloth and extremely hot water during this process. It will help clean the area.
- You will make a solution at home for cleaning your grout. This solution includes dishwashing soap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. This solution must be mixed properly, or it can be abrasive.
- Make sure to use a lot of solution on the grout. Make sure you apply and let it sit for at least five minutes but no longer than ten.
- After the solution has sat for five to ten minutes, you will then use a toothbrush for scrubbing. This will be your cleaning tool. You can grab one laying around the house if needed. Just be sure to throw it away when you are done.
- Apply pressure to the toothbrush so that there is scrubbing and enough pressure to remove the grime and dirt.
- Rinse your grout and you are ready to go. Be sure that you are wiping it with a towel to help dry after you rinse.
Wrapping Up: How Is Tile And Grout Cleaning Done?
There are a lot of things that could go wrong cleaning tile and grout at home. That is why we recommend that you seek out professional tile and grout cleaners. Carter’s Carpet Restoration is not only known for carpets! We can clean your tile and grout with a lot less effort than what you would put into it! Call us today! We are the best commercial tile cleaning company in El Dorado Hills and would love to help you clean your tile and grout.
You should now know how is tile and grout cleaning done and we wish you all the best.